Nowadays, aesthetic treatments have become popular among women looking to subtly enhance their natural features. Among the most popular of these is having dermal lip fillers in London – a treatment that provides fuller, plumper, and younger-looking lips.
If you’re planning to book this treatment for yourself, finding a reputable professional is crucial. The truth of the matter is that many practitioners in London have not undergone sufficient training, yet still claim to be qualified to inject lip fillers. To say that the risks involved here are great would be an understatement.
An excellent aesthetician should have a keen eye, in order to balance the facial features; a sufficient understanding of the products to be used; and be always prepared for any unforeseen circumstances that may happen during the lip filler procedure.
A dermal filler, when injected incorrectly by an inexperienced practitioner, can have many unfortunate consequences, among them being asymmetrical results and infections. In the very worst scenarios, the procedure can cause scarring, tissue necrosis, and even blindness.
Finding The Best Aesthetician
There are many cosmetic practitioners in London, making it a real challenge to choose the best lip doctor who can fulfil your wishes. To help you with your search, here is a list of things to consider:
- First and foremost, make sure that your chosen practitioner is, indeed, a doctor. They should be open about their credentials and qualifications. As a minimum, they should be board certified (Note: these credentials are usually found on the clinic’s website or on the walls of the doctor’s office where their certification forms are displayed).
- The doctor should have undergone training in dermal filler injections.
- The doctor should have extensive experience in treating lips with dermal fillers.
- They should offer you a complimentary and no-obligation consultation.
- They should not pressure you to make a decision right away. They should first give you a consultation and give you time to think whether the treatment is right for you.
- They should provide you with a thorough explanation of the treatment and all the aspects involved, such as the procedure details, pros and cons, downtime, and the lip fillers London prices.
- They should show plenty of evidence of past successes, such as before and after pictures of the procedure.
- The clinic should be clean, well-maintained and inviting, with warm and friendly staff.
Alongside the factors mentioned in the list, you should also consider a doctor whom you can trust. After all, you want them to be available to discuss any concerns you may have related to the procedure, and you’ll also no doubt want your lip fillers re-injected every six months or so. Therefore, forming a friendly working relationship with your doctor is a must.
For these reasons, it’s always best to choose a doctor with whom you can feel comfortable and confident. It’s that ideal combination of skill and personal connection that will define your journey together, which hopefully will then turn out to be a long and successful one.
Once you find the best clinic for lip fillers in London, you will not want to go to anywhere else.
Things To Know Before Getting Lip Fillers
- There are several types of fillers available on the market, such as silicone and hyaluronic acid, and each one has different properties. For example, there’s a specific type if you are looking for a very subtle change and another if you prefer a more noticeable enhancement.
- It would be a mistake to think that with lip augmentation, achieving the look you’re after will happen overnight. It can take a few lip filler sessions at least, especially if you have thinner lips and want to achieve a very full, yet natural, look.
- The chances of your lip filler procedure going wrong under a qualified professional are very slim, depending on the type of substance used. There can be a 1% to 3% chance of allergic reaction with collagen skin treatments, but these odds are even lower with hyaluronic acid fillers.
- In the event that errors occur, they can be quickly corrected. Fillers made of HA acid can be removed with an enzyme called hyaluronidase, even before they naturally dissolve.
Finding The Best Place For Lip Fillers In London
Dr Rasha Rakshani of Dr Rasha Clinic London is famous for her signature London lip filler technique. Far from the exaggerated and overdone look that you see in the tabloids, Dr Rasha performs lip enhancements that are natural and subtle. The treatment done is tailored to augment the client’s individual features and introduce precise volume to the lip area.
At Dr Rasha Clinic London, only the most advanced range of dermal fillers available on today’s market are used and are specifically designed for lip augmentation. These products contain lidocaine, a substance that numbs the treated area during the London lip filler treatment and effectively improves the overall experience for the patient.
The Golden Ratio
Contrary to the notion that beauty is in the eye of the beholder, there is actually a mathematical and scientific basis behind it. A pioneer of this finding is renowned artist Leonardo da Vinci, who demonstrated the ideal through his beautiful and intricate paintings.
With his profound interest in the human form and its beauty, Da Vinci was able to come up with work that’s based on Ancient Greek mathematics and the Fibonacci numerical sequence to formulate what is now widely known as the “Golden Ratio”.
The Golden Ratio or Phi (in reference to its origins) relies on the understanding that the proportions 1:1.618 are organic in nature and give a naturally aesthetically pleasing look. This ratio is found all over the natural world; in flower petals, spiral galaxy formations, and even DNA structures.
When considering the human face, the Golden Ratio is used as the standard to determine beauty. Many people exhibit Golden Ratio properties through great genetics and are generally considered to be more attractive, if research-led studies are to be believed.
At Dr Rasha Clinic London, the Golden Ratio is utilised and taken into account when working on each client’s face. Dr Rasha also considers your bone structure to correctly design the perfect lip filler treatment for your individual features. Dr Rasha will bring together your facial features in harmonious natural balance to help you achieve the perfect Mona Lisa smile.
To book a consultation with Dr Rasha, don’t hesitate to get in touch by calling 0203 746 2211 or filling out the form at https://www.drrashaclinic.com/contact. Dr Rasha will speak to you personally to arrange your initial appointment.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How much are lip fillers in the UK?
Most lip treatments in London cost around £300. You can expect to pay £215 at least, and some high-end options can be priced up to £1,500. Generally, the price depends on how much more you want to plump your pout.
How long do lip fillers last?
Most dermal fillers used by doctors contain a natural substance called hyaluronic acid and usually last between 6 and 18 months. However, keep in mind that having fillers doesn’t mean that the rest of your face won’t continue to age as normal.
Are lip fillers painful?
Lip filler treatments aren’t too painful at all – you will experience some redness or bruising at most. While there are stories about people who have had to stop the treatment, claiming that they’ve experienced excessive pain, you shouldn’t feel a thing if the procedure is done by the best doctors.
How often should I get lip fillers?
Scientists discovered that hyaluronic acid injections prompt the skin to produce more collagen, which creates a greater natural plumpness in the lips. For best results, it’s safe to get repeat lip filler treatments every six months, so you will want to find the best lip fillers London prices.
Can lip fillers change your smile?
Yes, they can. The shape of your smile changes as the filler is injected into the parentheses lines around your mouth. Meanwhile, if you start by putting filler into the cheek and less in the smile lines, it’ll have a lesser impact on your smile and your natural expression.
Do lips go back to normal after fillers?
Some of the best lip fillers in London do create a permanent day-to-day difference, but if your doctor doesn’t use such products, then your lips will quickly go back to their previous shape. It’s typical for good lip fillers to last for up to nine months. However, because you use your lips to talk and eat every day, that timeframe might be less because of excessive lip movements.
How much bigger can I expect my lips to be?
The best lip filler doctor in London will generally give your lips a surface area that’s about 50 per cent bigger than your mouth’s previous size. Of course, we always take into account your bespoke aesthetic needs, so this isn’t a hard-and-fast rule.
What lip shape is most attractive?
A study of 1,000 people in 35 countries shows that the perfect lip shape has a lot to do with symmetry. More than 60% of the respondents thought a 1:1 ratio between the upper and lower lip is perfect. However, according to a cosmetic surgeon in London, a heavily-defined cupid’s bow is the most attractive lip feature.
What can you not do after lip fillers?
After getting injected with a London lip filler, it’s best to avoid kissing or massaging your lips directly for up to 24 hours. You must also be gentle with your skin while washing and avoid using any exfoliating agent or any harsh cleaning scrubs.
What do fillers do to your face?
Facial fillers are synthetic versions of naturally-occurring substances which are injected into the lines, folds, and tissues of your face to reduce the appearance of wrinkles and restore the facial fullness that decreases as you age.
The Age Of Lip Fillers
Some beauty trends quickly die and are replaced with new ones, while others prove to be mainstays. These trends carve out their special place as decade-defining beauty movements.
Lip augmentation in London is currently one of the most popular non-surgical cosmetic treatment this year, and the number of online searches for lip fillers has continued to increase over the last several years.
Lip Fillers – What You Need To Know
Before deciding to get a lip enhancement procedure, here’s what you need to know:
- Fillers are usually made of synthesised hyaluronic acid but can also be created using collagen or other solutions.
- Fillers are usually injected by trained healthcare professionals, such as nurses and aestheticians. It is highly recommended that you have the procedure done by a professional cosmetic doctor, even though it’s technically possible for you to perform it yourself.
All About Lip Fillers
“Your beauty, your rules.” If you want to experiment with the cosmetic treatments that are available on the market, then you do you. However, you should make sure that you really know what you’re undertaking.
If you’re considering having a fuller lip surgery London, here are some of the things you need to know:
- The materials used in lip fillers have in the past primarily been used to augment and enhance other facial features (e.g., sharper cheekbones, more defined jawlines, and straighter noses). You may want to consider getting these treatments from your aesthetician as well.
- Depending on the type of filler used and where it is injected, they usually last between 6 and 18 months.
Things To Check Before Having Lip Fillers
Here’s a checklist to find the best lip filler services:
- Choose the best place for lip fillers London by checking your clinic has accredited doctors
- Have a consultation to discuss all the risks involved before agreeing to the treatment
- Take your time and don’t let anyone pressure you into making a decision
- Ask for copies of before and after photographs
- Note down which hyaluronic acid product is going to be used for your lip fillers
- Check the packaging of the product that’ll be used on you; make sure that it’s unopened
- Book a follow-up and enquire about treatment for any complications
- Never agree to have the London lip volume procedure done anywhere except a registered clinic
Lip Fillers: Benefits, Side Effects, And Aftercare
The primary benefit of getting hyaluronic acid-based lip fillers is that they essentially give your lips the shape and volume that you’ve always dreamed of. You don’t have to spend hours in the mirror trying to create a full and puckered pout using a lipstick and lip liner.
While it’s generally a safe procedure, it’s also possible that a limited number of side effects such as bleeding, swelling, bruising, cold sores or blisters, or lumps may occur in the affected area. As part of your aftercare, be sure to use a hot compress and apply arnica cream or aloe vera gel around the injected area. This will help reduce the swelling and bruising.
For expert lip filler treatment, get in touch with Dr Rasha Clinic, the best place to get lip fillers in London.